Key Publishing Group GDPR Employee Privacy Notice
This notice should be read in conjunction with our General Privacy Notice which can be viewed at https://privacy.keypublishing.com/gdpr-privacy-notice.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you as part of our recruitment processes and throughout your employment with us.
This includes employment and training information used to manage your employment and fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
What type of information is collected from you?
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
- Driving license
- Passport and other accepted proofs of identity
- In some cases, permits and visas
- National insurance number
- Full details of job offer and placements
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain roles
- In certain cases, medical information
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency.
In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health.
The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
How is your information used ?
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and as permitted by law
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you.
How we hold your information.
All our HR related personal data is stored in our secure storage location in Stamford, UK.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for the duration of your employment. In the case of data required to be retained by legislation, this will be retained for that period after you leave our employment. In the case of other employment and HR related data, this is archived and destroyed 6 years after you leave our employment.
Lawfulness of Processing
We process information detailed in this Notice under the following lawful conditions:
- Performance of a Contract
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- Pursuant to the Legitimate Interests of Key Publishing Group
Review of this Notice
We keep this notice under review. This notice was last updated in May 2018.